Hey there, adventurous globetrotters!
Whether you're using WhatsApp to stay connected with family and friends, uploading Instagram photos, navigating with Google Maps, or streaming music on Spotify, these allowances have got you covered.
As international travel picks up pace, staying connected with loved ones and accessing essential services while overseas has become more important than ever.
The thrill of exploring exotic destinations and immersing yourself in diverse traditions is a true adventure.From iconic landmarks to authentic cuisines, international travel offers a treasure trove of sights and experiences that you could never get at home.
And we know Australians love to travel!
With this in mind, we've updated our international travel packs, offering customers more data for extended use while roaming in over 65 eligible overseas locations.
Say “au revoir” to the hassle of standing in long airport queues and lugging around heavy bags, all for the sake of purchasing a local SIM card.
So, let's dive into the details of these essential travel companion!
Available from Friday 21 July 2023, our new international roaming packs come in two options: the 7-day pack and the 14-day pack.
These packs are designed as one-time add-ons, providing customers with a fixed allocation of standard voice calls, SMS, and data for use in eligible overseas locations.
Our new roaming packs are available for all mobile plans, making it easy for you to enjoy seamless connectivity.
The user-friendly portal allows you to track your data usage, and you'll receive SMS alerts at 50%, 85%, and 100% of your travel pack inclusions.
Our packs cover both sun and snow, enabling you to stay connected in numerous destinations worldwide including:
Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guernsey (UK), Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, South Korea, Romania, Russia, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Tonga, Turkey, UK, USA, United Arab Emirates, Vanuatu, Vietnam.
So, if you’re heading off on an overseas adventure, jump into our customer portal and set up for a travel pack today!
Simply follow these steps to add a travel pack:
If you choose to activate your travel pack 'Today' you will be able to start using your travel pack immediately, but the validity period for your travel pack will begin at 12.00 am (Australian Eastern Time) the following day. For example, if you purchase a pack at 2.30 pm on a Monday, Day 1 of your pack's life span will begin at 12.00 am Tuesday morning and your pack will expire at 11.59 pm (Australian Eastern Time) on the final day of your pack's life span. Any unused data, SMS or voice call minutes are forfeited at the time of expiry. For more information on our travel packs, view our help article here.
- Log into your Self Care Portal
- Select the 'Mobile' tab and 'Active Mobile Services' from the drop-down
- Select 'View' on your mobile service
- Select 'Add Travel Pack'
- Choose from the available travel packs, select your desired activation date from the drop-down menu and then click 'Activate'
Bon voyage, fellow explorers! The world is waiting for you, and we've got your back every step of the way!
Other important information:
- You'll receive alerts when you have used about 50%, 85% and 100% of your Travel Pack inclusions.
- The current 5- and 10-day travel packs will no longer be available for purchase from Friday 21 July 2023. However, customers who have purchased a travel pack before this date will continue to be able to use it under the existing terms and inclusions until it expires.
- If you choose to activate your travel pack 'Today' you will be able to start using your travel pack immediately, but the validity period for your travel pack will begin at 12.00 am (Australian Eastern Time) the following day. For example, if you purchase a pack at 2.30 pm on a Monday, Day 1 of your pack's life span will begin at 12.00 am Tuesday morning and your pack will expire at 11.59 pm (Australian Eastern Time) on the final day of your pack's life span. Any unused data, SMS or voice call minutes are forfeited at the time of expiry.
- The packs have a specific duration, but once a customer uses any of the individual inclusions, that feature will no longer be available for use. The customer will then have to buy a new pack.
- Roaming packs are only available to use for the countries listed above. If you are travelling in a country not listed on the list your mobile services won’t work.