Fact: Workers in a remote or hybrid workforce do not want to be tied to a single physical location all day, waiting for important calls to come in.
A Softphone app will bring all the functionality of a desk phone onto a computer or mobile device, meeting the varied needs of your flexible and mobile staff.
What is a Softphone App?
A Softphone is a downloadable, device-agnostic application with a virtual phone interface, allowing users to make outbound and receive inbound VoIP telephone calls anytime, from anywhere.
How does a Softphone work?
Softphones operate using voice over internet protocol (VoIP) technology.
This means you'll need a wireless or high-speed broadband internet connection, a router or modem, and any device that has internet access, a speaker, and a microphone.
Benefits of using softphones
Businesses can enjoy several benefits of softphone technology compared with traditional telephone systems.
Using softphones allows businesses to:
- Save money over "hard phone" (standard physical desk phone) systems
- Simplify call routing and call forwarding
- Monitor calls in real-time
- Record and transcribe calls
- Integrate phone systems with customer relationship management (CRM) platforms
- Allow employees to access Softphone system from anywhere through a Softphone app